went to the doctors today.....whooooo -.- ugh

well went to the clinic today to check everything out, they asked me questions took blood.....that was the bad part.....the drawing of the blood.....right after she finished taking the third vile my eyes white out i feel absolutely sick, i close my eye for a second and wake up about a min later to a doctor trying to get my circulation back up and a nurse waving an ammonia thing in front of my face, my boyfriend was freaking out and almost in tears, i drank some of the juice i bought and we went to the ultrasound room and saw the heart beat which made everything better, im just super tired and i have nasty purple bags under my eyes

yay me -.- i hate needles....

has anyone had that happen to them before? haha

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 10:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't like needles either. I went to a doctor's appointment once and I almost passed out when they drew my blood. I was feeling aweful but nobody would pick me up so I walked home pushing my son in his stroller.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i cant say that is has. Sorry.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• my boyfriend says i had a small seizure which is what freaked him out the most i guess
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, but almost! I hated it when they drew blood for the prenatal tests! What always gets me is when they have to move the needle around when it's already in my arm. The nurse @ the OB/GYN wouldn't take the time to run & get tubing, so she was putting the vials straight into the end of the needle. Yea, lots of movement, lots of unpleasantness. Congrats on hearing the heartbeat, though! Always so wonderful.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i suffer with seizures and i cant stand needles when i have to have blood tests n such like i dont look i turn the other but after it has gone in i can look
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i think i freaked out really bad when she had to switch arms, it was in my right arm first and almost nothing was coming out and she switched to my left took the 3 viles and thats when i passed out and started shaking
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• That does sound freaky. Are you anemic? Dehydrated??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• no neither i was drinking water when i walked in my boyfriend had juice for me to drink after they took my blood and they didnt say anything about being anemic but they did give my iron pills just in case i think lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i watch them do it...i'm a phlebotomist/ medical assistant so i watch to make sure they do it right lol GL i hope you get some rest (you're gonna need it!)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Anon, its not about the pain of the needly, some people are just afraid of needles.

I personally don't like them, but if I can watch them go in I'm usually ok. That and get the nurse to understand that they have to poke me in the hand and not the arm (veins are way deep down in the arm AND they roll, so hard to get to), but of course the nurse thinks she knows better and pokes me in the arm first, lol.
    My best-friend from highschool was waaaaaay afraid of needles though. This one time in our child development class we were watching a video and some lady ended up having to get a shot (really long needle) and all of a sudden there was a huge crash! We flipped the lights on and there was my friend, desk and all, laying on the ground, she had fallen over from feinting and taken it with her! She was ok after a minute and able to laugh it off...we still reminisce about that :)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2010