Has anyone ever heard of a bone disease called osteopetrosis? Or does anyone know any information about bone diseases?

AnnieL10

Asked by AnnieL10 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Health

• http://www.osteopetrosis.org/

Never heard of it before you mentioned it but here is a site.

good luck.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• osteopetrosis she said, it is different then osteoporosis.....its a genetic disease from what i understand.

google it
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• really?
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• YIKES! You have never heard of Osteoporosis? WHere have you been? I have known about it for about 20 years. And havent you seen all the Boniva commercials on TV? ANd all the articles in magazines and online?
    WOW.
    Last spring I had a bone scan andit showed I have it. I take a Boniva pill every month and hopefully, my bones will be in better shape. If you have osteoporosis ,your bones are more fragile and easily broken. If you have a poor diet,drink lots of soda and booze, you mighthave it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have doing some research but since they are still trying to pin point the severity of the bone desease I was just hoping I could find anyone who has children or understands anything about the bone disease. I would love just to meet and get support from others during all this. Thanks in advance for the support.
    AnnieL10

Comment by AnnieL10 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ahhhh, yes, thank you tntmom....I have never heard of THAT one. I Googled it. Interesting.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010