I am Having some abdominal pain.Just a dull constant pain that has been there all day. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm almost 16 weeks.

Ashley8318

Asked by Ashley8318 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call labor & delivery

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i had downright painful cramps for the first 11 weeks. it's from the uterus stretching.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd call Labor and Delivery and ask a nurse as well. It could very well be nothing at all to worry about, but I always advise pregnant women to call and check.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• This is my first pregnancy and I TRY not be the crazy prego lady who calls the dr over every little thing! lol I may just have to suck it up on this one though I guess?
    Ashley8318

Comment by Ashley8318 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i had that and i had a uti im on my second uti and each time i felt that way
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Hmm... it's hard to know from your description... it could be stretching ligaments, or pressure from your growing uterus, or it could even be a UTI. Check your heart rate and temperature. It's definitely true that in pregnancy, there are usually all kinds of uncomfortable, normal sensations that you never felt before. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• UTI. that is one I never even considered! Thanks everyone so much. I was starting to get a bit worried. I did just go to the dr this past wednesday and she told me I was going to start feeling some stretching and stuff this is a bit more like pressure I would say. It's just kinda annoying because it's been all day now.
    Ashley8318

Comment by Ashley8318 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It could be something as simple as gas.
    Don't call L&D, just give your OB a call.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I went through this, it is probably normal for you too.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It never hurts to call about anything while you're pregnant! But it does sound normal to me. Your uterus is just stretching out, probably.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2010