Why is my laptop freezing????

Anyone else have issues with a Dell Vostro? Ugh its less than 2 years old and in the last couple weeks its started to constantly freeze. Its driving me insane!!

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Technology

• Ugh, sorry. Isn't that pretty typical of PCs? Get a mac, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It could be a number of reasons. First, how often do you 'clean' it (deleting cookies, temp files, broken/unnecessary registry files), do you make sure there's no spyware and or adware on there? Do you have too many process's running? Your hard drive could be taking a crap. Have you done a virus scan lately? Try restoring your computer if all else fails.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• First off that SUXs...so i tried finding a few links that might help and here is what i got:

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/1209391.htm
    http://getsatisfaction.com/dell/topics/vostro_1520_freezes

not sure what model yours is, but I hope you find some answers/solution to your problem. Good Luck!
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I heard Alot of Dells are having that problem- i just got a new HP a few weeks ago b/c my sony viavo kept doing the same thing & they could not fix it! Mine was only a year old- i was Not Happy!LOL!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It could be a wide varity of things. Like:
    You need more memory or hard drive space.
    You have a virus.
    A piece of hardware is going bad.
    The screen is going bad.

There isn't really a way for us to detect it without investigating your computer. You should have someone close to you or a proffessional diagnose this problem for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I delete cookies and the cache regularly, have ran my malware program, and uninstalled some unnecessary software. I'm just getting frustrated. I just am a cheapskate and don't want to take it in just yet lol. I'll check out those links. Thanks mommas!
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• So I think its Google Chrome causing problems. Is firefox better???
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010