is this legal???...i live in cali and

my husband has had this job for about 3 months he worked pt and now full time his last paycheck was correct on the rate of pay but this time around its a doller less it that just a mistake or can they lower pay without telling him or having him sign something???

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 11:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Your worrid because the paycheck was a dollar less than you were expecting?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• A dollar less as far as his amount of hourly pay? Or the actual paycheck itself?
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• depends sometimes my paycheck when i was allowed to work would be a dollar here or there short it also depends on how much he gets paid an hour n how much he worked as well
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• not a doller less.....A DOLLER LESS PAY EX 15.00 AND GETING PAID 14.00 AN HOUR
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• COME ON PEOPLE HOURLY PAY I AINT GUNNA TRIP OVER A DOLLER LESS OF HIS CHECK LOL
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd ask about it, but I know when you get a raise you don't have to be informed, when you get a pay cut i think its courtesy to tell, I may be wrong. Have him call hi HR dept
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• he is going to call his boss his boss rights out the checks i just want to see what anyones thoughts was on it.....he was told when he got hired he would be making 13 an hour and doing patrol....well he is making 10 an hour and is posted but now if they drop it even more thats just wrong exp not telling him.....too many lies already and im not likeing it he puts his life at risk for crappy pay
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Did his hours change? If he was working nights before and is now working days he could have been making a "night differential." When my husband was a correctional officer he made 60 cents more per hour when he worked at night (I'm in CA also).
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 12:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Does it say he is now being paid $1 less, or is it the case of more taxes being taken out because he is not full time? If it's the former, he needs to talk to his HR department and get it straightened out asap.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2010