how to get my little girl to listen to me

i have tried time out but does not seem to be working. please help she is 2yrs old

SophiaandMe

Asked by SophiaandMe at 11:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • sometimes children just dont seem to take it in, my girl is slowly learning
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• How do you do time-out? I don't have a child that old, so I'm not much good for advice, but maybe some more detail would help other moms give input?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• you know what i do with my son if he is not listining? i put him in his room and lock the door from out side and tell him when he is ready to b good and listin to me when i ask him to do some thing then i willl open the door for him. he screams and yeall but i ignoor him until he stops and then open the door for him. now he knows not to play with me and i am sure he hates to go in his room and me locking the door on him.
    nadin8

Answer by nadin8 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My daughter laughs at time out..so we quit doing that. She is exploring her limits and the way you handle her (whether you give up after awhile if she is acting up, or if you say no and stick with it) she will know if you are serious or not. I always tell her what I want her to do in a calm voice and always give her a choice. If she is standing on the couch I say you can stand on the floor or you can sit on the couch. And it is up to her to make the right choice..which either are right. If she doesn't listen and do either option set her down. And don't give up. When my daughter is a little out of control I give her the option to go take a "breather" in her room. She is allowed to play and she can come out when she is happy and ready to be nice.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:44 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Try whispering.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2010