positive test this morning, now what?

this morning i took a preganancy test cuz im a few days late for my period. it was positive. i am currently a single mom of two boys under 3 years old who just made some really wrong choices. i had unprtected sex with several guys over the last month. i know it was sinful and i just figured out why i was doing this and am starting to change but that doesnt change the fact that now i am pregnant, alone and scared cuz how am i supposed to tell anyone about this pregancy after what happened? and i already know i will keep the baby cuz abortion is wrong especially since this was not the babys fault and i could never give away a child. any one have any advice on what to do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You need to find out the conception timing; so you can find out who the dad is; unfortunately that's the only thing you can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• how would that work if its all been within the last few weeks?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• First of all, if you need someone just to talk feel free to send me a message. As far as what you can do now... I highly suggest you find a local Birthright (http://www.birthright.com) and have them do an "official" pregnancy test that you can then use to apply for pregnancy Medicaid.  I'd get on that right away, it took me months to get Medicaid in place for my current pregnancy.  Also look into your local WIC program, they can help out a lot as well.  Again, if you need someone to talk to feel free to send me a message!!!

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'd just relax, your already a single Mom and you know how hard it is but you also know that it's worth it. I'm sure you will get help with this pregnancy. If you can remember who you slept with, then write it all down and save it until the baby is born and get a paternity test. I don't mean to be rude, that's what i would do in your situation. I'd also make sure you get tested for STD's while pregnant b/c a lot of them can be treated during pregnancy.... Just go get some vitamins and calm down. You know your keeping the baby so things will work themselves out. Maybe it will be a girl. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ashjoe05......that was such a positive answer. you actually made me laugh. thank you. and i have only been a single mom for a little over a month so i really have no clue how hard it will be. but thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree with ashjoe05. My mom used to tell me "God never gives us things that we can not handle." I believe this is true. Everything will be alright. You do just need to calm down. Things may be hectic at first, but it will all work out. You just have to live one day at a time. If you do need anyone to talk to, you can message me.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• hold your head up sweetheart maybe consider adoption ( not to offend at all ) of not dont let anyone get you down ....hugs

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well I think you should try and find out who the father is and then relax, seriously. A baby is a wonderful thing and you'll be fine. I've been in a similar situation to you, when I got pregnant with my daughters who are due in february, I got a bit lonely after the birth of my first as her father left me and i just went out and slept with a random guy. So in feb i'll have 3 kids under the age of 2 which is worrying. message me anytime.
    peytonrye

Answer by peytonrye at 9:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well, even for a month, to me a month is a long time! lol. Anyways, you will seriously be okay. We have a two year old and had a stillborn, now i'm preggo again. We know what a blessing children are, even if the timing wasn't perfect or WHATEVER. God's got it all under control, now you just need to turn your life around and better yourself for those kids. It's not to late to start telling God about it... that's what we did after we lost our daughter and sure enough were expecting again with the same due date. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008