What are useful home remedies that help with nausea?

I'm almost 18 months and I still get really nauseous. Any ideas on some home remedies that could help lessen this?

samantha.1992

Asked by samantha.1992 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Did you mean 18 weeks?

LOL...if you've been pregnant 18 months honey this is the one instance where I will say it's time for an induction! LOL. Just messing with you.

Anyways lemon slices in water. Sounds simple but it's the ONLY thing that helped me. My BFF's mom told me about it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I have always heard that Ginger helps. REAL ginger and only one of the ginger Ale's uses real ginger. And peppermint. I hate ginger but I get motion sickness very easily and when I had Vertigo for weeks i would ginger (the spice) and add it to ginger ale....never helped me though. lol Peppermit was much more helpful.
    Ashley8318

Answer by Ashley8318 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I don't know about home remedies, but sucking on Life Savers saved me from barfing in public many times
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Yeah, I was going to say Peppermint. I had a friend that used to just suck on those little candies 24/7!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Ohh man I so meant 18 weeks haha. Thanks for all the ideas!
    samantha.1992

Comment by samantha.1992 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My doctor was big on fresh ginger. Ginger ale too. I never had horrid morning sickness, but ginger ale did help me in the first trimester.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• for my nasuea I ate plain white rice. But everyone is different.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My doctor told me to lie on my left side when I started feeling sick. It really works! I still do that to this day and that was 25 years ago that I was given that advice. You can also suck on ice chips, peppermint, drink ginger ale (Canada Dry is best) ... I have some more but my list isn't handy at the moment. If any of these don't work, feel free to PM me.

Hope you get to feeling better. I hated the morning sickness ... thank goodness mine only lasted a few months.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Its the last thing you will want to force down your gullet but high protein. IDK why it works but it does, just don't over-do it.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Ginger!I boil ginger in water and inhale the steam and I put 2 drops of ginger oil on my pillow at night.Both work extremely well!
    amberfm

Answer by amberfm at 7:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2010