please pray for my sister to open her heart and come to xmas with me at my inlaws and not spend xmas ALONE

SHE WONT come over to my house on xmas eve/ or i come to HER HOUSE ON xmas EVE. SHE WANTS XMAS DAY or i even offered that if she doesnt want to do the dinner thing at my inlaws. we will pack our bags and have sleep over at her house. ON XMAS night. she doesnt want any of it. she is depressed and wants my husband AND I to just forgot our other family and do only xmas with her' BC THAT WAS THE orignal PLAN till it just changed today .
my dh grandma is sick just got out of the hosiptal and is up for xmas . i cant say no to great grandma . either i ditch my inlaws and great grandma bc sister and i had plans first and she WONT GO OVER THERE
or she will spend XMAS BY HERSELF
THIS BREAKS my HEART. MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP.
please pray we can GET a way to get my sister to not spend xmas by herself. ??
she is single no kids or dh im her closest family mem. we dont talk to our dad. she doesnt talk to our mom.
please pray that the love of xmas will come over her heart and imature ways and she will compromise
THANK U LADIES
ITS NOW IN GOD HANDS.
again thanku!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I prayed for you. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Sorry to hear this. Sending up some prayers for you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Do you know the reason that she is depressed? It's still two weeks away, wait a couple of days and then try to talk to her. She shouldn't have to spend Christmas by herself. That's not what it is about. It's about being with family and remembering Jesus' birthday. Why don't you take her to Church and hope that she'll change her mind. I'll pray for you and hope that things will work out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• thank you for the prayers. i know god has a plan in everything
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• THANK U message of hope. i think she is depressed bc she broke up with a boyfriend she had for 2 years not long ago. she is 30 has a great job. works at the irs has a bacholers deg. .......but i know she wants a dh and family.
    i think church is a great idea. she is not the most open minded person. but i know that ive been going to church and praying everday and its helping me in every area of my life
    again thank u!
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• praying

san78

Answer by san78 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Is she getting help for her depression?
    I know the holidays can be super depressing for some people. Hopefully she is seeing someone or getting help for this somehow.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes we will pray for you.. Talk to your sister and let her
    know how important it is for you to see you greatgrandma
    for christmas. If that don't work maybe you can spend
    some time with both. a little with your sister and some time
    with the in-laws.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If I were in your shoes my sister would come first. Sorry, but that is the way I feel.... my sister is one of the most important ppl in my life.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Suffering from depression myself I can see why she is upset. When you're depressed and you're brain isn't processing things right it seems like a big thing. She probably feels betrayed and abandoned because you made plans and then decided to toss them aside for someone else. And I don't blame her for not wanting to go with you to YOUR inlaws. They aren't her family. If I was her I'd spend the day alone, too. I'd probably just watch TV and eat raw cookie dough or something, lol.
    You should try and do both. In her state of mind she might not ever forgive you for abandoning her when she needed you. Not saying it's logical but as someone who suffers from depression that's how I would feel if my family member decided to break our plans for something else just weeks before Christmas.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010