I've heard women say

"well...if my husbands cheated, I've never found out about it and I don't want to know"...or "if my husband ever cheats, as long as I don't find out about it...I'm fine". I can't wrap my head around statements like this, can any of you understand these?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I would want to know. With knowledge comes power. If you're living with a cheater, your relationship isn't real, it's based on a lie. How can you decide what you will do if you don't have all the facts, and a cheating sig. other is a big fact. My husband cheated on me, big time, twice. They say once a cheater, always a cheater. I'm only still with him as I have a few loose ends to tie up and to accumulate enough to retain a divorce attorney. I'm very discouraged by the amount of cheating that goes on in our society.
    reginabrown

Answer by reginabrown at 3:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No. I'd definitely want to know. I would not want to waste my life with someone I shouldn't trust. My marriage means too much to me to just ignore something so huge.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• No, Ive never heard that. I'd want to know. I'm not getting diseases b/c he cant keep his pants zipped.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Maybe because they can't face it? It reminds me of that saying, don't open doors you're not prepared to walk through.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I dont understand why some say things like that. I know Im not one of them.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I'd have to know. I couldn't stay with someone like that. I'd feel so dirty =/
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• In my opinion, it means that they don't know how they would deal with it if their husband actually cheated on them. So they would rather not know than to deal with it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If he cheated once, years ago, and never again - I wouldn't want to know. I'd have to leave him if I found out because I couldn't deal with it, and it would feel like a waste of marriage.
    He he cheated recently or was actively cheating, of course I'd want to know.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sure, I'd want to know.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would not want to know.. I just recently got caught cheating. I seen the pain I put my husband through and he has forgiven me. I don't think I could forgive him. He is a better person than I.
    Pmsk38

Answer by Pmsk38 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2010