Do your cat lick out of the toilet

It seem like a nasty habit that you find a dog doing but my cat Ginger love toilet water for some odd reason. And we keep water in her water bowl. LOL

kewi86

Asked by kewi86 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Ha ha! No my cat doesn't, but he will only drink water from the bathtub tap. He refuses to drink from a bowl.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My old cat did all the time...but it was only after you opened the door from when you just went because it was fresh water...same with the shower and if you just finished dishes lol....My cat would jump in the shower with you just to drink the water.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It's cold and continually refills -- they love it! I usually keep the lid down, but I have seen them in there on occasion.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes and the bathtub too right after someone gets done with a bath or shower.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have caught my youngest cat doing that before...whatever she likes I suppose! lol
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 1:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I live with 3 men: DH, DS, and DS's buddy. Needless to say, not only the lid but the seat gets left up half the time. So, yes, the DC (Dear Cat) who is also male is found or heard sipping away in there from time to time. It does no good to scold it because cats are so arrogant and superior. I truly believe that they have never forgotten that they were once thought of as gods and worshipped in Egypt. However, the water is always clean, cool, and fresh when he does this so I guess it can't hurt too much. We always carefully scrub the area with handiwipes when we see his little pawprints
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• lol ewww/..ive never had any pets lick outta the toilet..thank god!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't see any problem with it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010