Do you think giving birth is the worst pain a human being can endure???

Terrified of it!!!

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Also, remember that labor is PAIN WITH A PURPOSE. It's a biological signal to tell you to get somewhere safe, because Baby is coming. It has a purpose-to get Baby out. It's intermittent, meaning it comes and goes, and there is an end in sight, with a pretty amazing reward! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Nope. I have given birth three times with no pain meds and it wasn't that bad. I had several gallbladder attacks and those were WAY WORSE.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No, burns are worse. Every woman experiences labor differently, and if you prepare yourself, instead of scaring yourself, you'll be fine. Try to stay relaxed the best you can, as tension only makes things worse. A bath can be wonderful. Try reading a book called Birthing From Within by Pam England. It has some great techniques for going through labor (I especially liked the non-focused awareness), and it doesn't chastise you if you have an epidural or a c-section.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No. Try passing a kidney stone. THAT"S the worst. At least with pregnancy you can take Lamaze and control the situation so you don't endure pain.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Nope. Dont think so... I think some pain woman can go through is the fear.. We have been taught to fear birth (for some reason they think it will keep us from having sex) since we started kissing boys.. But i say while u have time try to start re-thinking birth & read alot of uplifting birth stories .. Ina May Gaskin's Guide to childbirth is AMAZING! It will make you feel alot more comfortable with L&D.. We are women, we are strong! Our bodies were made to this! I thought of birth like climbing a mountain. Its hard. It does push you. but getting to the top is worth it! It makes u feel amazingly powerful!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No,I have had 4 children,first three natural,last baby with the epidual.I would do it again natural b/c yes it hurts but it was the most awesome pain ever and over before u know it but I have had dental work,toothache that was horrible pain,everyone is different when it comes to pain,and I always say I'd have 3 babies at once compared to the tooth aches.GL to ya:))
    karencrouch

Answer by karencrouch at 12:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No. it is not! I also had a gall bladder problem and that pain was so much worse I can't even begin to do describe it. Dental pain is worse too,in my opinion. Trust me, you don't have to be terrified. The best thing is to relax....breathe.....don't panic. And it doesn't last very long, and the payoff,the baby, is sooooo worth a few hours of discomfort.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No. First of all, I've heard that your pain tolerance goes up when you give birth. Also, it hurts a lot when you are going through it, but as soon as you see that baby, you forget all the pain. It's pain with a purpose.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Nope!!! I had gull stones 4 weeks after I had my DD...worst pain of my life.

I actually had a great labor and delivery with my second child. I went naturally using Hypnobabies and it was a truly wonderful experience! I'm so ready to do it again!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had a totally natural medicine free birth at home. 17 hours of labor.

Labor is not horrible. Here is a list of things more agonizing than labor: Brazilian wax, uterine cyst, dislodged IUD, hernia, abdominal surgery, wisdom tooth removal.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2010