what to give a sick baby :(

My baby boy had his 2 months shots yesterday and he has been running a fever .... I can't find anybaby tyenol what can I give him other that thay or what can I do yo make him feel better he has had a temp of 100 it goes up and down I'm a first time mom and am not sure :(

Thankes angel

angelinamay

Asked by angelinamay at 12:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it goes over 100, you should take him in to see the doctor. Till then, I would just try to cool him down a little with a cold damp cloth to his face, feet and armpits (major temp control areas)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• At that young there is nothing much you can give him....Try a luke warm bath....If it goes over 101 take him in right away. A friend of mines DD just got her 6 month shots and her DH didnt take their DD in to the hospital until she had a temp of 105. Just chekc him often to keep an eye on the temp and im sure everything will work out just fine. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:14 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Some shots are contraindicated with tylenol so you may not be able to give anything.

Nurse. Rock. Snuggle.

Pleas report your reaction to http://vaers.hhs.gov/index. When we work together to report reactions, we demand safer vaccines and better medicine for our children.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Baby tylenol is the best thing but for now, try a lukewarm bath and have him in just diapers. Make sure he is getting more liquids, breastmilk/formula
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I gave my baby "infant ibuprofen" even though it says to ask your doc for dose I gave it to my baby according to weight since that is how medication is dosed ... but he is 90th percentile so ... either way my pediatrician said some babies are fine with the meds and others it doesn't seem to help at this age .. I would give a 0.4 dose of the tylenol every 6 hours or so but only for 24 hours ... give baby a dose right before you go to the doc and then keep it up for 24 hours ... just my two cents ... good luck!
    1FireSafeMom

Answer by 1FireSafeMom at 8:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• put a cool cloth on his chest not cold but a cool cloth and it should break it down

sincerely,
    tiffany strunk aka sparks
    tiffanynick

Answer by tiffanynick at 4:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2010