Have you ever eaten something and you didn't know what it was?

Because that's what I'm doing right now! At my local grocery store, they have a little olive bar with other marinated mushrooms, red peppers, etc. So, I got this stuff...it looks like some sort of spread, maybe a tapenade, but there was no label saying what it was. Regardless, it's good, haha!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Probably at some point, but I make it a rule not to.

Something like that I would probably try.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yea, if it has meat in it, I won't eat unless I know exactly what's in it!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I live in Southern Mexico, and anytime I go out to eat tacos at a stand, I'm not sure what I'm getting, but 99% of the time it's damn good. I could be eating tongue, cheek, ear, intestine, brain, who knows. I haven't found much I don't like, and no food poisoning!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• LOL, Nanixh, I will admit...I've eaten some Mexican food from Mexico and it was the best Mexican food I've ever had!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• no
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 1:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, SQUID. Grosssss I though it was an onion haha so I was expecting something crunchy but it was hard and just ew.
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, I've been to Mexico a few times and my hubby has tricked me into eating things that I normally wouldn't have tried if I had known what it was before hand.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Indeed! This is how I was introduced to caviar
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 3:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• NEVER!  If I can't identify it, I won't eat it.  I even avoid dimly lit restaurants because I can't see the food.  It is especially difficult to see the fat on meat, which I won't eat so I have to cut it off.

Food is a chore for me.  I only eat because I have to.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• hmmm... probably not. I don't like to eat things if I don't know what is in it. Actually I CAN'T since i can't have any gluten, ever.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2010