Bodily functions

I know I'm not the only woman in the world who will burp/fart in front of their sig other (not to the point of being a pig, but when you've gotta do it, you've gotta do it), but why are some women so weird about doing it. It cannot be healthy to hold that stuff in. I guess I just don't understand what's so horrible about it. I know friends of mine who will hold their poop in for days for fear that they might smell up the bathroom. Like, they won't go #2 all weekend and wait till their sig other returns to work to use the bathroom.

Am I the minority or majority? Do you have a problem with letting out a burp or tooting in front of your man/woman?

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 12:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• I know what you mean about those women. Do they really think guys don't realize that women have these functions, too? That they are NORMAL?
    If they need to happen, they need to happen. It's very unhealthy to hold in feces.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• When I was younger I was taught that farting was shameful and I learned to do what I call "recycling". Basically, I hold it in until the urge goes away. Now that I'm older and I realize its a normal function, I have to force myself to fart because I automatically do the hold it in thing. The problem with that is holding it in gives me some really bad cramps sometimes.
    On the other side, I was raised to rate burps in my family, lol. We'd be sitting at the dinner table and someone would let one loose and we would rate it on a scale of 1 to 10. So yeah, talk about a weird family :P
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• LOL! Oh my! Well...hmmm. I'm not gonna lie, I do everything in front of my husband. I don't go out of my way to, but sometimes it just happens that way. We spent about the first 6 months of living together pretending that we didn't even poop, lol, but that got old, hahaha! He would tell me that sometimes his stomach would be aching and cramping from holding it in! I'm super shy about that stuff in front of ANYONE but him. It's really a relief (literally, lmao) to no longer care about it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have been married for 30 years and I have NEVER pooped while my husband was in the bathroom. Recently I walked in on my husband while he was wiping his butt and I had a miner meltdown. I just don't need to see nor want to see him do that . And THAT is why the bathroom door has a lock ...
    Pmsk38

Answer by Pmsk38 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• in the beginning of a relationship it is weird but i get over it by the 3rd month. that doesn't mean i do # 2 while he is in the bathroom though.... as long as the door is locked.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't have a problem letting loose with anything in front of my S.O. I don't go poop in front of him if I can help it, but we have both had moments where you just gotta do it. And as far as farting, ... my S.O. can be pretty gross about it. He likes to chase the kids and fart on them. And they do it back to him too. I don't play this game, but I do fart if I need to. I'd rather not have the stomach cramps!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Not even a little bit. I won't let one fly just to be "funny" (that's a man thing...I think?), but if you have to, you have to. And holding my poop until a SO leaves for work AFTER the weekend? SO not happening.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If I have to burp or fart, I do it. I have since my husband and I first met and we have been together for 12 yrs now.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• honestly, i'm 36 weeks preggers with our third... there isn't much left to my poor SO"s imagination any more... lol!
    i DO lock the door, i DO try my best to fart in private, or what not... but i'm not willing to undergo pain for his comfort... it's unhealthy to hold anything in... if you need to excuse yourself...
    and holding it all weekend? YIKES! i'd be driving to the nearest gas station! lol!
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2010