Would this offend you?

In our church we have what's called the "Mother's Room" for kids who are being loud or for Mom's who want to nurse or change their babies. My son is only2 and a half so we take him in there for the service so he doesn't bother anyone. Last week just as we were going to walk in one of the deacons got down to my son's eye level and told him that he was being to loud in there and his snacks were making a mess. He said he needed to go in the big sanctuary "like a big boy." This really mad me mad. He is not the only child in the room playing! And we don't even give him snacks in there because it does get messy! That deacons wife is the one who cleans the church so I wonder if she told him to say something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it was wrong for him to say something to your child instead of you, and it's weird that he decided that your kid was making the food mess when it couldn't have been him. I don't know whether I'd say anything or not. People everywhere do that kind of stuff. Our church doesn't even have a "cry room" and it's hard to get out when the kids are causing a disturbance because we have to climb over so many people. It's just a different experience going to church with kids, isn't it? Anyway, if he does that again I would probably try to talk to him and clear things up. GL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I think you should bring your problems to the Deacon and his wife so that they can be resolved. Unresolved questions/problems just leave room for evil thoughts to sneak in.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes. He doesnt have the right. If he has concerns he should take them up with you not a 2 yr old
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Wouldnt offend but Id be a bit perturbed and tell my child to not fret about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm not a church goer but it would definitely offend me because it is quite obvious that you are being singled out.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• She may have. I know that I would not be able to listen to the service if I had to keep my child under control. My five year old would be asking me if she could go to the bathroom ten times before it got the half way point.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• talk to the pastor about it if you don't feel comfortable talking to deacon and his wife!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 2:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, what he said was it was out of line, but I don't know if I would do anything about it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Out of line, definitely. I would certainly speak to him about it. If that doesn't work, then go to the pastor.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 9:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2010