Do you contact your ex about birthday and holiday gifts for your kids or just buy the presents you want to buy them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you wanted to go in on something big for your kids' gifts id contact him haha but anyway he should buy his presents and you buy yours seperatly
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• What about making sure we do not get the same gifts? Do you contact him about that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We call my hubby's ex and see what she is getting my step son to make sure that we don't get him the same things. We also like to check what his favorites are because they change so often and he spends more time at his mom's house than he does here.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It would be kind of rare you guys are thinking of the same gifts, but if the kids gave you and him the same xmas lists then yes, contact him! Doesnt hurt to know what your kids are getting from the other parent
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We don't contact BM about anything. She doesn't care enough to even call and see how her daughter is so why should be call her? She buys her all cheap dollar store toys that break the day she brings them home. We have no worries that we got something BM will get her.
    KimberlyMKasten

Answer by KimberlyMKasten at 5:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• We did the first year, but after that - no. My kids told me that there were some gifts they wanted duplicates of, so they could have one here and one at dad's house and not have to take them back and forth. They are 9, 10, and 13 now and when we ask for a list they give us different things on the list according to what they want to play with at each house.

Answer by missanc at 7:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I contact him to remind the idiot that his child's birthday is coming up but that's it

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I just buy them
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 8:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2010