Beginning table foods?

My son is just over ten months and very healthy with no allergies. He finally seems to have gotten the hang of actual solid foods and self feeding, and does great with things like crackers, Gerber yogurt melts, bread, cheerios, etc, and has a very active interest in whatever I am eating. However those are really snack foods, and I need some ideas for good meal-type solid foods I could give him now so as to transition him off the jarred stuff. I am still just really afraid of him choking, so I'm not sure what would be good (and safe) to start with. Any ideas would be appreciated, anything he could feed himself is a plus!

Sandie0819

Asked by Sandie0819 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try fruit first like banana's or strawberrys
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I started my children on things like carrots, potatoes, green beans, peas, fish, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, ect . Most of the things were still soft enough for them to eat and solid enough for them to pick up.

Good Luck

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• At 10 months my kids were eating what ever I was eating for breakfast, lunch, and supper.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i started my son with gerbers baby food at around 8mnths ... it was fruit i give him banana strawberry. by the 10mnth i was giving him the baby food and else some of my food but stuff that i knew he wouldnt shoke up in it.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My son is 11 months old and I give him gerber gradutes for dinner or lunch but I also give him some pancakes or pasta.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Anything off your plate that is not a big choking risk. You can give him bits of meat, pasta, vegetables, bread, fruit etc. You don't ever have to open another jar of baby food if you don't want to!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i started my daughter on table food at 7mths old...i give her all sorts of food and i just make sure if it's something big i break it down and she loves it, plus the doc said i could start at her 6mth appt so i have pretty much since, i was afraid of her choking as well but you'd be amazed at how well babies eat food..
    anabelsmommy08

Answer by anabelsmommy08 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008