Someone with eBay experience, please HELP ME ASAP

I do not ship items overseas. I have that stated in my auctions. I had someone purchase a guitar from me that had FREE SHIPPING, he lives in Puerto Rico. I do not want to ship there because I am paying shipping and I have to have it shipped via UPS. What do I do... Do I refund his money??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 1:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• You can refund his money and send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder, or tell him that if he wants the item he will have to pay for the shipping. Often, they'll opt to pay the shipping. I can't stand when people bid who I asked not to!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• did you complete your shipping exclusions? Sometimes you have to do it in every item. I do a lot on eBay and I have had to work with them directly before. Before you refund, message the buyer and point out the shipping exclusions. They may want to pay for shipping.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It is listed in all my auctions. I offered free shipping with this item, so I went ahead and refunded and opened a case to get my fees back with eBay. I hate messing with this stuff... I could have sold this PIA guitar like five times already had it not been for playing games with people.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2010