Is there anything that helps hot flashes and while being pregnant?

I am having the the worse hot flashes ever and i am pregnant. I am not sure there is anything I can do thats why I am asking maybe someone has a suggestion or knows something that will help me. thanx bunches in advance.

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 1:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cold compress on the back of your neck, blasting the a/c, or a cool shower
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I try to sit in front of a fan or head outside because it is cool here.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• the ac is on 72 I have children so i don't want to put it to low for their sakes. and i keep putting water all over my body then sitting in front of a fan and still soooooooo hot.
    iluvmymomasboys

Comment by iluvmymomasboys (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm 52 and live with hot flashes..There horrible! I do like the others said, I keep a small fan near me and also if I run cold water on my arms and wrists the hot flashes go away..
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• put some mint into the water, also drink minted tea and keep slowly breathing, it's just hormone but they are very challenging and uncomfortable.
    if you drink caffeine in tea soda or coffee, get decaf. Do not smoke at all, it will also cut off oxygen to baby. (causing you more stress) Have lots of veg. juice, and drinks with potassium, 100% orange juice, 100% grape juice. These 2 are very high in potassium and will keep your levels constant.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Cold showers, ice water, the fan. There isn't much, unfortunately. I know, it sucks! Hang in there, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i ate pop cicles. =] i thin they worked for everything with me...
    teen_mommie101

Answer by teen_mommie101 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2010