do u think taking a hot bath makes period cramps worse bc water up adult content

up the vagina or help
ive heard
both.
for me i think taking the bath helps. and i get digusting mean cramps
what helps u?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• taking a hot bath has always helped me with bad cramps and mine get really bad at times
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i dont take baths but an extremely hot shower helps alot.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't think water up the vagina makes a difference, frankly. Plus, if you're just sitting in the bath, you really shouldn't be getting water in your vagina. If it seems to help, then by all means go for it. Heat helps mine. Another trick is to lay on the floor with your legs straight up, butt against the wall (does that make sense?). It seems to shift the pressure, and help alleviate the pain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Water does not really get up your vagina. The warm water relaxes the muscles that are cramping so warm baths help cramps. If you are really worried about water in your vagina, you can lay on your tummy on a heating pad and that will help with the cramps too.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• For women, taking baths especially during you cycle is not the greatest idea because that's the fastest way to get an infection. I have dealt with many "female" health problems so, my doctors prefer for me to never take baths. I have also been told by my daughters doctor, that I should limit her baths and give mostly showers, because for a while she was getting a lot of yeast infection's that was caused from sitting in the bath.

If I were you, I would use a warm water bottle instead.

Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 5:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Hot showers always worked for me. I don't do baths....I'm too tall to fit in a "normal" bathtub so they're not even remotely relaxing o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:45 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't take hot baths but I will take a hot shower and aim the water at my abdomen....or I also lay in bed with a heating pad on my belly. That usually works best for me.
    domenica_rose

Answer by domenica_rose at 11:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Hot bath, ibuprofen, a nd heat pads help me,
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i would stick with showers and a heating pad... taking a bath is not going to get water into your vagina... and if there is water that is "let in" it could really cause infection...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2010