How many ways can you spell this name?

Calleigh
Calli
Calle
Kalli
Kally
Kalleigh
Kali
Kalle

Which one do you like best? Which one sounds most like CALLEIGH without being Kay-leigh?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Baby Names

• Don't get too funky with it. I like CALLIE or KALLIE. Otherwise, she's having to pronounce it for people and spell it out... That gets old. JMO.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Callie
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• callie
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If she's already been born I would just stick with it the way it is and correct people when they get it wrong.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Sorry, I'd just deleted that post and was gonna reword it. @ Rhianna - I had a daughter named Kayleigh that passed from SIDS. Changing the spelling of her name isn't optional. It really NEEDS to happen. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• When she was born, I'd figured on a set spelling for her name. But constantly people are calling her Kayleigh, when that is not her name. It brings up some very painful memories. That isn't what I want to think about when looking at my daughter.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• If the name being so close is likely to bring up such painful memories (I'm SO sorry for your loss- that's absolutely devastating), are you open to another name? Are you keeping the name similar intentionally? Unfortunately, SOME people are going to mess it up and call her Kayleigh by accident, regardless of how you spell it. People can mess up ANY name, I swear! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• She's not even two yet, but knows her name. Unfortunately, I am pretty set on her name being Cali. However, I am thinking of changing it... To Callista.. And just nick-naming her Cali. I'm not 100% sure yet.

I figured with the spelling, people would get it. Unfortunately, more times than not they still call her KAYLEIGH. Ugh. But I don't want to confuse her either... And I don't mind Callista.

I also didn't intentionally name her something so close to Kayleighs name. Cali was the ONLY name we agreed on... So I kind of had to make it work. I personally wanted her name to be Ava.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would choose a spelling that started with C since i hardly see Kaylee spelled with a C....
    Callie first choice
    Calleigh second choice.
    I think your idea of using Callista and calling her Callie is cute
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• @ Cool

Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010