Why am I so angry?

For some reason when ever I get really sad or depressed instead of showing it I get really moody and angry. I lash out at my hubby verbally and feel terrible about it immediately but it keeps happening.

I've tried anti-depressants but they don't help, they just make me feel empty.

I think I need to see a therapist but with Military Tricare insurance I don't know how to go about finding help.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• That is how you're expressing yourself with your depression. That's actually quite common.
    You can call individual therapists and see if they take Tricare (or is there a military clinic near you?). Many providers do, since it's so comprehensive. If there is a military clinic there, you can generally self-refer (in my experience). Just call or walk in and make an appointment in the mental health department (or whatever they call it there).
    If you haven't already, go to www.tricare.mil and surf the site for a list of providers.
    Good luck, I hope you're able to work through this! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You need to find a way to verbalize those feelings. Do you have friends/husband who are willing to "hear you out?" Are they respectful of your opinions? I found when I tried to "hold things in" for the sake of "peace," I wound up entirely conflicted and annoyed.

You need to respect yourself enough to tell others when things are not well. Try statements like "When you do ______, I feel ______." Be compassionate- it takes time to get to this safe place. Having gotten there myself, I'm unsure how I ever lived the "bottle it up" way for so long!

GOOD LUCK
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 3:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Take a kickboxing class. No really. Take one. Or get a heavy bag and hang it somewhere. When you feel that anger coming on, physically let it out by kicking/punching the bag. Anger is a natural emotion, there's nothing wrong with feeling it, but you do need to find a way to release it without using the hubs as the "heavy bag" =)

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think that for a lot of people depression and anxiety can manifest as anger. It is frustrating feeling that way and can lead to some very angry feelings. Therapy is good, as is physical exercise. Also, keeping a journal to let things out.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• talk to your dr about it...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2010