Rash

DH developed a rash tonight on his abdomen, lower back, and thighs after taking a shower (same body wash and other products he's been using). No itchiness or pain, just red, small, slightly raised marks. Any ideas? Did a search on Google and WebMD, and it's not shingles, psoriasis, ringworm, anything like that. Not an allergic reaction, most likely, as there's nothing new.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 2:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• My brother experienced the same thing & we later found out that is was due to an allergy. Even if you have been using something or eating something your whole life, your body can become allergic to something at a later time. His allergy was detergent, the same detergent he has used all his life. Also, is he on any meds; I ask because even if he is not allergic to the meds itself, sometimes something like a certain soap or even warm water can cause the meds to react in a different way. I know it sounds weird, but I experienced this through out my health probs. It could also be caused by the heat of the shower, stress, or even a change in your water system. I do know in some cases when the water has too much calcium build up or if something gets into the water system, it can affect people. Hope I helped a little, best of luck.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 7:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It does sound like irritation or allergic reaction, if it happened just after being in the shower and using a certain product, that might be the likely culprit.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i would agree an allergic reaction... it could be even a mold or something in a sponge/squishy/washcloth that is used to wash with... a change in cleaners in the shower...
    it could also be that he has a bit of heat rash if it was a HOT shower... or dry skin if it really dried him out...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2010