Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

do u think health care costs for illegal immigrants should be billed to their country?



Asked by maya123 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 20 (9,544 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • I think illegals should be receiving health care in their OWN country.

    Answer by LoriKeet at 8:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Yes, and the illegals should be sent back once they're able to travel.

    Answer by tinamatt at 8:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • You can bill them, but that doesn't mean they will pay.

    Answer by Carpy at 9:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Lori and Carpy said it all for me.


    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Sure, send the country of origin a bill, but good luck in collecting. I would do one better, send the illegal back home and don't have a medical bill to start with.

    Answer by scout_mom at 10:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • When they walk into the ER they should be immediately shipped back to their country UNLESS they need a lifesaving procedure.

    We had dear friends from Cameroon, here legally, that the wife needed major surgery. They were told there was not help for her financially, but if they were illegal, it would have been paid for!!! CRAZY

    Answer by micheledo at 10:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • well truth is how do they pay for it when you need a work visa or a green card to even has a socail over here

    Answer by angelbaby1323 at 2:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • That's beyond crazy micheledo! Sickening!

    I agree, billing them doesn't guarantee payment. Then we could tack on late fees. But, they wouldn't pay those, either. If it worked, that would be great. If we didn't follow 'rules' and 'laws', then sure, lets do it, get paid for the services the illegals get. But, that won't happen.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Would be an excellent idea but it would do no good. No one can afford to pay it.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • It should be billed to the person, regardless of domicile.

    Answer by SamKJones at 2:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2010