burning in throat during pregnancy? its acid reflex right?

how can i help it?

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 3:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As far as I know take tums and it should make it better I knew a mom that when she was pregnant had to constantly chew tums
    lonemom1987

Answer by lonemom1987 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I had horrible heartburn and reflux when I was pregnant. I ate tums like they were candy. Rolaids made me nauseous!! I also drank lots and lots of milk. Probably didn't help with the whole weight gain thing but it did help the heartburn some. It got so bad that I would crave milk when I ate something that gave me heartburn. And everything gave me hearburn!!!!!!!!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Eating smaller amounts and more frequently than three meals a day might help too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Stay away from acdic foods. For me it was anything with tomatoes in it. With my fisrt pregnancy I craved spicy foods and anything with ketchup or tomato sauce. The second pregnancy, I couldn't even have ketchup without getting major heartburn. Tums were my friend!!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• TUMS!!!! I had tums stashed everywhere.. I even got heartburn drinking water! My dr said to try and eat smaller portions too..
    Sarahe786

Answer by Sarahe786 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2010