Do you like when family and friends include a family newsletter in their holiday card?

I do not personally do that but I do enjoy reading other's.

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 3:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I enjoy them very much. Since we have family and friends all over the country and in many other nations, it is a great way to catch up on their lives and feel connected. Since I want to keep up with them, I hate to think that they would have to sit and write something personal to each recipient. Some of them are very clever and humorous and have up-to-date pix. The ones that are tedious are those that go into all of their aches and pains, doctor visits, problems, etc. Too depressing at holiday time.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 9:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Depends on the length of the letter and if they go person by person and tell us how many times everyone shaved, tied their shoes or visited the dentist! I like well done family letters one page or less.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 3:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• "Newsletter parents' sicken me. Anyone who would take time to write an essay about themselves- and then mass distribute it- has some serious self esteem issues.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 3:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I like it, generally. I don't pay attention to distant relatives' descriptions of what the kids have been up to most of the time, but when it's in a newsletter, I get to know without having to do all that annoying listening. I just don't want it to be a tome; one page is enough.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yes and no......i enjoy hearing how everyone is and how life is going for them.....but i dont enjoy the ones that are bostul and bragy about expance things or trip ect....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2010