Low blood pressure

For the past couple of months my blood pressure has been low. It's usually around 70/50 or 40. I read that low blood pressure is considered 90/60 and normal is 120/80. I'm pregnant and been seeing the doc regularly and they never mention anything about it. The reason it is starting to concern me is I have been feeling really weak, and tired constantly. My whole body feels like its dragging and I have absolutely no energy. I am always freezing, I have also been getting dizzy and light headed and can sometimes see black dots in front of my eyes that look like they are pulsing with my heart beat. I'm going to discuss it with my doc the next visit but it isn't for another month. I have been taking prenatal vitamins and eating healthy. I was just wondering if any of you ladies had low blood pressure and had these symptoms or what you might think is going on. Thanks...

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 3:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• My bp has always been low, and that is normal for me. If mine get in the 120's on top that is high for me. Some peoples bodies are use to that bp and it's normal for them so it's not a problem. I sometimes too get black dots in front of my vision usually if i'm bending over then stand back up. Which is just a temporary drop in bp. If that is happening when your doing nothing (not changing positions, getting up) you should talk to your dr. It was more pronounced in and after my pregnancy. After the birth of my 2nd son, when i would quickly get up at night when he would cry my vision would completely black out. I would go blind for a second from orthostatic hypotention, a quick BP drop. It's not so much about your low numbers as it is about what your norm is. Prior to pregnancy was your bp closer to 120/80? Or do you not know? All questions to discuss with your dr. GL!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have no idea what could be going on but my friend (not pregnant) has a BP that runs between 80/60 and 70/50 on a normal basis. Some people just have naturally low blood pressure. I'd call the doctor and explain what's going on and ask to be seen earlier than next month. Black spots in front of your eyes can be a precursor to passing out.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree. Call your doctor and explain what is going on.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2010