How do fat people live with themselves?

I'm sick and tired of seeing morbidly obese women refer to themselves as "bigger girls." No, hunny, you're on the brink of a coronary- you're not just "bigger." Then, said women have the audacity to whine about their pains during pregnancy!!! Do they not understand cause-and-effect? People who cannot accept responsibility for their actions SICKEN me. Enough with the pity parties and euphemisms.

SamKJones

Asked by SamKJones at 3:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• "How do fat people live with themselves?"
    with a dr pepper in one hand and a donut in the other.

I am not morbidly obese, but I am overweight..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• LOLS. Your comment is so bang on. Just the other day, a size 26 lady in my pregnancy group made a post about the best doughnuts on the market. I was in disbelief!
    SamKJones

Comment by SamKJones (original poster) at 3:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• actually I havent had a donut in forever.. I could use one now haha my problem is portion control, I can eat the healthiest food, but I cant stop myself.. I wish I were a bad cook haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I have issues with portion control too. I find drinking glasses of water before meals is helpful!
    SamKJones

Comment by SamKJones (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I personally can't stand the water that comes out of my tap it taste so nasty it makes me puke every time. And bottled water or a filter isn't an option it's too expensive.
    I'm in a bit of a different situation. My boys are very skinny and are so active that getting them to sit down to eat is a real challenge so I have to do what's called "power pack" there food. Meaning I put as many calories into what they eat as possible. Unfortunately I don't have time to make myself a separate meal so even tho I don't eat alot I still haven't been able to start loosing weight. But right now I'm just glad I haven't gained anything in over a year so at least it's a start. Now if I could just get my neighbor to watch my boys so I could do the zumba class the CC does I'm positive I'd start loosing. Not fast but still a few pounds a month is better than nothing.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• On top of that I'm an emotional eater and don't love myself so I eat to try and feel good.
    As far as complaining when I was pregnant well I was sick from day one. I didn't stop puking until I held my boys in my arms. But I know that I'm the one who got pregnant. Even if I was on BC I still could have used a condom (altho not even that prevented my 3rd one lol)

Anyway for future reference we may call ourselves "big girls" but we know what we are. We just don't like to say it because it's too depressing and what happens when an over weight person becomes depressed...? Well more than likely they eat. Glad your skinny tho. I don't wish this on anybody it's even harder to overcome IMO than alcohol or drugs because unlike those you can't just stay away from food. You still have to eat. NO I'm not saying they are alike. However an addiction is an addiction.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Wow. I have to wonder if you've ever walked a mile in their shoes. I'm a "bigger girl" and I don't appreciate your assumptions about me. You lump all morbidly obese women into one 'whining and irresponsible' group. I don't whine about being big and I do take responsibility for why I'm big. I also never complained when I was pregnant. I enjoyed my pregnancy immensely and I'd do it again in a heart beat. I was thankful to get pregnant. Some people who are over weight might whine. Some people who are overweight might be irresponsible. Not every overweight person fits that description though. There are medical reasons for being overweight, there are eating disorders, and there are other mental health issues. Maybe trying a little compassion and understanding would be a better way to approach someone who is overweight. Not by being judgmental and insulting. Who knows, you may just be able to inspire someone to be healthier.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• They do not choose to be obese. Your blaming is not helpful. It is not helpful to yourself. Think about what you could do to be helpful. I wonder if you had to decide to be a fat loving kind mother or a skinny, judgementa, self-righteous, uncompassionate,l BITCH, which would you choose. Oh, I guess you have already made that decision. But you still have time to think it through and make the RIGHT decision.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• How is it the USA has an obesity level grossly higher than any other country? I, too, could eat my emotions. I, too, could take-out my insecurities on other ladies, but I don't. I've always made healthy eating a priority in life, and I simply don't take the easy way out.

As for medical reasons for being morbidly obese, I'd like to know what they are aside from inability to release fork syndrome. I have a degree in psychology, and have studied maladjustment and mental health in great length. Let's not try to conflate issue here and garner sympathy where it need not be garnered.
    SamKJones

Comment by SamKJones (original poster) at 4:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• SamKJones, just wondering how do you live with yourself?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2010