anyone else sleep with there babies for peace of mind?

It makes me feel better knowing shes right beside me. my bfs brother died of sids, my dd has a heart condition, and im bfing. so it just seems right in my mind too. i still keep my two year old in the same room with me right beside my side of the bed also. im just scared to keep them in another room...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes i do cause i lost my first born son to sids and i still let my 4 year old sleep in bed with me now and my baby girl sleeps next to me.
    mocaprincess

Answer by mocaprincess at 4:32 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• when I first brought my DS home I was freaked out by everything. He made a sound and i got scared like why is he making that noise, he didnt make a noise and I got freaked out thinking he wasnt breathing, so I ended up putting him in bed with me. DH was deployed so for my DS' first 4 months he slept in bed with me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I still sleep with my son and he is 2. I had him at a very progressive hospital, he was premature and they instead of rushing him off to some plastic incubator wrapped him around my breast in a cloth. My body regulated his. I loved every moment of it. We were released a week later and when I went to put him in his crib he was so upset. I said okay he can stay just for tonight and that was 2.5 years ago. Co sleeping is a beautiful thing! Read up on it there are a lot of people out there that really believe that it is better for the child. Also a lot of countries practice it regularly (Japan being a leader) and they have a lower risk of SIDS. I also am a member of the cafemom cosleepers group. Some people may try to scare you by saying you could be putting your child at risk but as long as you’re smart about it they are much safer and happier! Way to follow your instincts mama!
    Sara,
    Group owner
    Wives of Diabetics
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thats what we did/are doing, initially to make night feedings easier. We are ready to move him to his own bed, he's had one, and he turned one a month ago, but it is 5 feet from ours so it's not a huge move, but at least it's a move in the right direction.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• When cosleeping is done properly it is actually shown to be safer for the kids and help prevent SIDS according to some studies. For breastfeeding it is one of the best things IMHO. I coslept with both my kids until they were about 3 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I've done it with both of mine. They are only young once and they can sleep with me until they don't want to (for my oldest it was 5).
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm more paranoid with them sleeping with me when they're new. I trust myself but not hubby lol. He sleeps to hard. So this new baby will have a bassinet beside my bed for a month or so just like the first two and then go to a crib.
    manamott

Answer by manamott at 1:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I cosleep with my daughter. I started letting her sleep seperat until she had some breathing problems. she would stop breathing and I was so afraid she would die. So she is now 7 1/2 months and sleeps right by me every night
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 5:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2010