How do I discipline twin 16 month old boys?

I have twin 16 month old boys who feed off each other all the time! Everything I have read says at this age to redirect them to something else; I have tried that and they are very stubborn unless I remove them from the room they keep going back. Any advice and/or other techniques would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

AshleyMorgan2

Asked by AshleyMorgan2 at 4:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wish I knew too : /

I could make a million dollars writing a tell all book but...

Mine just out grew it. Very frustrating but redirecting just seems to wear me out and never slowed them down. I was doing time out (for 1 minute) at this age. Good Luck!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Seperate them into Timeout :/
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 2:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Get two time out spots away from each away from each other. 1 min. they sit by themselves and are to be reasonably quiet. After a min, you tell them what they did wrong very simply, have them say they are sorry to you and whom ever they hurt, with a hug. At first my stubborn 18 month old resisted and cried like a banshie, but it was the only discipline that worked. Even to this day I have to punish her or she just doesn't care what I say. Luckily she is starting to clue into I will do what I say so I can threaten to punish her to get her to straighten up, she is 5 now. As they get older up the time out time a min. for each year. GL
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2010