why does my toddler like to bite TOES?

my daughter is 15 months old... since she was about 11 months, shes been biting and sucking on big toes. If you are sitting on the couch and your foot is exposed... she will find it and get it!
she doesnt bite anything else .. and she will bite your toe right after eating, right after a bottle/sippy, when she is tired, when shes awake.... there is no rhym or reason to why she likes toes.... or why she bites....

why does she ONLY bite toes? its so gross (I hate feet!) .. how do I get her to stop? ..

.... I would like to add that she doesnt do it in a violent mannar... she will just stand there and slowly open her mouth and lean into your foot and then bam, your toe is in her mouth .... ew!

Alysgrowth

Asked by Alysgrowth at 5:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Because they are salty and they taste good? ( JK - I couldn't help it, lol)

I don't really know why kids do half the funny things they do, but I do remember my youngest doing this and I never figured out why. Maybe it was fun or she was bored? (jk lol) I feel your pain though, sometimes little teeth are sharp! The good news is that it didn't last too long, she grew out of it. She's 3 now and thinks feel are gross, goes ewww stinky! whenever someone takes their shoes off.

There's hope and hopefully it won't last too long :-)

anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 9:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't know why I didn't think of this...but could it be teething?
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 9:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My son does the same thing. He bites toes and nothing else.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Because she is a silly girl. Kids find what works for them and stick with it. My 3 yr. has bitten the inside of her check since birth. She poor mouth, at one point they thought she might have thrush. I would discourage her by giving her something else to bite. She will most likely out grow it, since shoes will become more important and social norms really don't allow for toe biting.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010