Should I change anything?

My Dh is very shy and conflict avoidant. As such over the years, he's become very thick skinned and let things roll off him that he should probly worry about, but unless its effecting us as a family and is majorly important, he lets most things go.

On the other hand, I am quite verbal and enthusiastic. To the point of embarrassing my DH due to the unwanted attn. I am my own person however and will say what I wanna say. He accepts me for who I am but I can tell he is mentally wishing I'd shut up sometimes lol.

Should I change or just let him continue dealing with who I am?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It's not so much a matter of changing as it is finding a compromise. It's more like toning it down a bit. You love him, you don't really WANT to make him uncomfortable, right? He loves you, so he lets you be you. So find a compromise and just tone it down. You can still be you, just not as loud. It's not really changing.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Think of yourself as a diamond in the rough. Just buff yourself up a bit to transform from a piece of coal into the beautiful diamond you are. That may take a bit of changing. It's all part of growing up through compromise. You change a bit. He will change a bit and you both will be happier in the end.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Never change for anyone, always be true to yourself thus being true to others no matter who they are.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You both are who you are! Apparently things have worked thus far, I'd leave it alone! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2010