Is it normal to have cramps around the time of implanting?

Wondering if there are any ladies out there that could share some advice...

I o'd on Dec 1st so by my calculation if I am pregnant I should be around the implanting stage at the moment, all my symptoms are looking hopeful.

I had really really bad cramps (not like af cramps) last night after bd, I was doubled over not knowing if I would be sick or if it was the pain that was making me feel sick and going from hot flushes to chills.

I had to resort to a hot water bottle in the end, is this ok to do if you are/may be pregnant?

anyone else had really bad cramps like this?

Lydia x

CylonianSaint

Asked by CylonianSaint at 7:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Dear lydia, To put it delicately, When my husband and I are intimate close to my period I always experience cramps,severe cramps. I do not know why. Don't get too upset if you do not become pregnant this time. We really can't calculate and be 100 percent sure. I do have a couple of suggestions about getting pregnant. One important issue the doctors seem to never really explain is if your system is too acid then it is harder for the egg to implant. I found an old wives remedy and after 2 1/2 years of trying I was pregnant within a month. It sounds funny...but eat plenty of plain yogurt and and douche with some as well. Worked for me! All the best to you and God bless the lucky little child you will receive.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Thank you for your comment, I have been told to use yoghurt to stop you getting thrush during pregnancy. I will have to try the yoghurt :)
    CylonianSaint

Comment by CylonianSaint (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I personally did. I had a really strong cramp that was so bad I had to sit on the ground curled up. It last about 2-3 minutes. The next day I had a little implantation spotting.

I mentioned both of these events to my doctor and she said it was implantation cramping and that what I decribed was what most women who have it decribed. She also said most women don't have it but the ones who do describe it like me.
    Anonymous

• Its possible but dont get your hopes up. Good luck :)
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 7:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010