Anybody use craiglist for finding a job?

How safe it is? and How reliable is it? What should I look out for?
Thank You for all of your help.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 7:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have found a job on craigslist before but it can be fustrating because A LOT of posted jobs are not real. I look out for no email address, no phone numbers, very lengthy job detail.. sometimes the pay is outrageously low or outrageously high for the type of job. If I do find a job that seems 'real' then I go to the companys site and look for a matching job opening and then complete the application on the companies site. If there is an email such as joe@aol.com or gmail.com I pass, but if there is an opening for bank of nowhere and a valid looking email. I google the email address or directoty for the company and if I find a match then I apply. I like to be real careful and there are too many scary stories out there associated with craigslist so I would rather be super safe then super sorry.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My only advice is to not send a Resume or personal information until you know the company you are applying for. I always ask first.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I hired someone from an ad on craigslist. I needed a new nurse, our HR dept decided to try ONLY craigslist to see what happens and I got 14 candidates. It amazed me.
    I"m sorry I can't answer your questions, but from my experience, it worked!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I found my las three jobs on Craigslist... Great companies!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• you really have to be careful there are a lot of scams. They tried to scam me and we went on the news to tell people about it! If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Scams, scams and more scams.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I found my waitress job on CL, but then again I already knew of the restaurant beforehand.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Be carefull it is a good place to look but there are some that are scams when they email you back make sure if they ask for social they are fake and i got duplicate emails saying they want an interview but need a credit check and here is a link for free checks all they needed was the refrence number and i did it with out looking into it. Then i seen the second email with the same email just different names and the website under there name i looked up and they didnt exsist. So be carefull..hope this helps i tried to be specific for ya...
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010