How do you feel about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvqmY1eM-s&feature=related

This is all over my local news. (It happened in my state). Wondering how you other mothers feel about this?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 9:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that there is a difference between having an opinion and using your position to intimidate others to share your opinion. I dont know what curriculum this women was teaching but she had no business trying to intimidate these children the way she was trying to do. If she reakly was trying to express her opinion she should have done it in the proper place and with people of her own age. These kids were basically defenseless. I do want to say that the young lady whose father was in the military handled herself with tact and maturity. While she seemed a bit uncomfortable she did not let this women push her to the point where she changed her opinion. Rather than talk back she held her ground and would not engage in what altimately was bullying.
    craftylady213

Answer by craftylady213 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm sorry but I don't believe that this is real. If it was to be real why are they taping it?
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 9:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• fire yer asap I have to go to my kids school today my son said he art teacher was mad Obama won and said he was racist well i am going up to see what she said I want the school to pull out at least 4 kids ask them what she said than call her to the office i am pissed about that

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I already seen that video.. that is why my kids are in a Christian school where thier views are no ......ridiculed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well it's being investigated, but I think the story is that this wasn't the first time she'd done something like that (hence the tapes). Only time will tell if it's 100% true, but people are up in arms over it.

Let's assume it IS true, for now. What are your thoughts.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:26 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well, I disagree with the way she did single out the girl who said she supported McCain. It obviously made the girl uncomfortable and the teacher was obviously biased and not teaching from an objective point of view.
    But I am glad to see that teachers are talking about politics with students, because their parents usually don't. Teachers just have to remember to stay objective and not show a preference for one candidate or another. I think it was also good that she was asking the children why they chose one over the other. Except for when she regurgitated the "100 years war" nonsense, she kept the conversation in language the children could understand.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 9:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• That school board would have a lawsuit as big as Texas...I can't stand people like that.
    mommyof2boys813

Answer by mommyof2boys813 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• While she seemed a bit uncomfortable she did not let this women push her to the point where she changed her opinion. Rather than talk back she held her ground and would not engage in what altimately was bullying

yes I am proud of her for that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I hope her parents get an attorney and sues the pants off the School Board
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 9:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Dear casperskitty,

I agree with part of what you said but in our house we do discuss politics and most of the familys I know also discuss what is going on in the world/country. While I think that it is good for schools to touch on all subjects, somethings like sex education, moral,religious & political beliefs should be left to the parents to teach. The person opinions of teachers, administrations, etc should not be apart of our schools.

craftylady213

Answer by craftylady213 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008