drainage from eyes?

i took my 2 year old daughter to the doctor thursday and she had sinus infection.doctor prescribed her an antibiotic.late thursday afternoon her eyes turned really red and started draining,this morning she got up with them all matted up,they are not as red as they been being though.i was just wondering if this is normal with sinus infection or if i need to call the doctor back?

kb24

Asked by kb24 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm thinking it's probably pink eye but yes, definitely call your doctor. Sometimes because the body is fighting one infection and so the immune system is weakened that may actually cause a person to become able to get another infection some where else easier.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• but is it possible to have pink eye in both eyes?
    kb24

Comment by kb24 (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, it spreads. You could even get it from her because it's a contagious thing.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• It could be pink eye or even just red from infection. Call doctor if need. But my mom would have use close our eyes and use salt and water to clean the eyes. Or can get eye drops. If pink eye wash everything to get rid of infection.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My daughter had junk in her eyes for nine months. I know this sounds crazy but they kept giving her eye ointment. Finally a ophthalmologist suggested cleaning her eyes with baby was. The no tears kind. With in a week it cleared up. Use cotton balls and use one for each swipe of the eye. So warm water a drop of the baby shampoo or wash, then another, tossing each one. Then rinse it with a clean cotton ball.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2010