FATTY!!!!

Ok I just had my DD 6 months ago, I decided to get on the depo.... do I really need to say more, I am blowing up and I don't know how to stop, but I've seen some women say that they've gone to the hospital because of taking diet pills and well, I can't afford the hospital right now!!! Is there anything I can do or eat or something, don't tell me exersice I know thats an obvious answer. I am tired of being fat and I am starting to get really depressed over it almost to the point of anorexia........

wilesmomma

Asked by wilesmomma at 9:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Hi , I can tell you I have been in your situation and still am, however I have been able to lose and keep off 32 lbs since I had my daughter with the help of a new portion control product that largely reduces appetite and the amount of food you can actually eat in one meal. If this might be part of your problem then PM me and I will tell you more about it!
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 9:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• if diet and exersice isnt working you might want to talk to you doc about changeing your birth control i was on depo and gained a good amount of weight and then they switched it to the patch and i stopped gaining weight, but i think the best thing for you to do is talk to you doctor and see what they say you might need to do
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• awww, don't feel so down. you have a beautiful daughter who is worth any temporary weight gain. talk to your doctor about switching your birth control, depo seems to have a lot of problems. it took a while to put the weight on, it will take a while to get it off. NOT eating will only make your body hold onto the weight tighter. Hang in there -- it's worth it!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:11 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• eat lots of fruit - as much as you desire before meals and have a big green salad everyday...
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yep I gained alot of weight from birth control pills and I have heard depo is even worse for some women. I decided to get off hormone birth control all together and I lost 25 lbs (with diet and exercise) which didn't work before. I decided to go with the diaphram but if you do that make sure you use it EVERY time. It worked great for me for the first 9 months until one day I didn't use it and now I am a mommy. So much for losing all the weight. lol
    newmom530

Answer by newmom530 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my friend went from a size 2 to a 13 in a year on depo. it has nothing to do with your diet. once you're off it, you'll get back to around normal (she's a 5 now).
    WesAndNicksMom

Answer by WesAndNicksMom at 12:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yeah i was going to suggest getting off it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2008