how do i convince my dearest brother to stop smoking?

i want him to be with us for a long long time...

KaydensMom99

Asked by KaydensMom99 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• Ive learned with tryn to get my husband to stop you cant make anyone stop that isnt going to do it for themself. But tell him your worried and just your true feeling about it and if more people being it up to him he might think about it... IT ALWAYS takes time for someone to quit, my hubby has went from a pack a day to 3 or 4 a day and that took a year, it takes time so be patient
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 9:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You can not. All 3 of my sons smoke or have. Even though they saw their Grandmother die of emphysema.  I have tried bribing, crying , talking, yelling , being nice, buying one the patches.

valkay

Answer by valkay at 9:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree with MOMMADENT,,Addictions are hard to break..My DH won't stop smoking..

Answer by louise2 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You don't. He'll do it if/when he's ready.
    Anonymous

• you dont.
    ifsomeone wants to smoke they will smoke. you cant force your personal health beliefs on them. imsureh e's seen the commercials and knows the risk. its his choice, not yours
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008