My son seems to be going through a screaming stage.

He is 2 1/2 and screams all of the time. Hes not in pain but he even does this in restaurants and at the grocery store. Is this normal?

tami_cline

Asked by tami_cline at 9:30 AM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, it is not normal. While there could be many different reasons why he is doing it, he should not be allowed to get away with it. This is the age where precedents are being set for many years to come, so you had better establish your parental authority right now.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Mine went through that until he realized that I was not going to put up with it. I took him out of restaurants and smacked his butt, there was nothing else I could do..... He stopped though, I mean i didn't hurt him by doing it, but he realized that not only would he be taken out of the rest. but he would get a smack.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2008