Witch's Opinion...

What is your opinion about tweeking spells? Do you feel its ok to change anything about a spell that has been passed down/shared to make it your own? Or do you feel it is dangerous to tamper with it?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 9:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As long as it stays 'safe' as in the intent is still clear and there is minimal possibilities of effects other than what you want, and your comfortable when doing it then I don't see why you shouldn't ajust it to suit your need.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing, but Im still not sure if I should do it.
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You should ALWAYS personalize! Your connection and Your intent makes the spell, if you haven't written it, I ALWAYS suggest you personalize it because only then will you be as connected to it as you should be. and it also helps to communicate YOUR intent over the intent of the original writers.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I believe that you should always "Make' the Spell yours .... so tweaking it and adding YOU into it will make YOUR intent/energies
    make the Spell work... just keep your version with the original for references ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Not only OK...but NECESSARY!!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I am constantly personalizing spells from other sources. My instincts will just tell me that I need to do certain parts of the spell just a little bit differently. It is a common belief among witches that the spells that we create ourselves are more powerful than the ones we follow by rote from other people. And it has certainly proven true for me.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• There is no "danger" & it's not tampering! Lol, it's all about intent. It's has to come from within. It's better to alter the spell & really "feel" it than to do one by rote that you have no real connection to.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I see no problem with tweeking it especially if you are just "updating" it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I always write my own spells because I am a firm believer that you have to have every spell your own for it to mean anything and have power. I would be more concerned if you were just using others spells and not tweeking it to your needs and for your individual purpose. Just using someone else's spells the way they are written is not only boring, but it has nothing of "you" in it. I highly suggest personalizing them. Just make sure you keep with a good intent and you are golden.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You should always personalize any spell that you did not write yourself. It makes it more about your intent and makes you more connected to it.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 2:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2010