How long do you keep ur make up???

I have mary kay make from 2007,, Only used it a couple of times do you think it's still good,, It smells new... Not the lipstick but the foundation does the lipstick i'll just toss...

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Dr Oz had a segment on his show about this. The bacteria in makeup is the problem and he said if it's over a year old, toss it. I had makeup that was really old. I didn't want to run the risk so tossed everything then went to CVS and they had make up on sale for 75% off! Yay!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'd still use it.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would still keep it. My makeup is probably that old as well. They say you are supose to throw it out after so long, but makeup is not cheap lol. So I keep it until it is gone. I don't wear makeup everyday either.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would toss it. I used to keep makeup way past the expiration date and I no longer do that. I have noticed a huge difference in my skin and the way makeup looks on me when my makeup is fresh and up to date. Just because it smells "ok" doesn't mean it hasn't gone bad.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I replace my mascara every six months and my lipsticke every two years when it is no longer good.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i dont wear make up, just never really seen the point
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I use Clinique and usually only keep my foundation for 3 months. My eyeshadow I sometimes keep for a year.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I don't keep track of how old it is. I use it until it's gone. I'm sure some of my eyeshadows are 3-4 years old. They are still fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• if the makeup has spf throw it out if it is separating and oil at the top throw it out its usually good for 3 years you could call the company and there should be a code on the bottle they can tell you
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 9:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Check the answers on the previous question; someone posted a list of expiration dates for various types of make-up.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2010