I have a 8 year old son dat has a mild case of Ceberal Pasley with a little touch of ADHD don't want 2 put him on med. can do any thing else like chang of diet r ect.plezz help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is an Aspergers, ADHD, CP group on Cafe Moms. I would recommend to go there and talk to the mums who are in the same shoes. I have seen so many wise and experienced mums who has gone already through so many things with their child in ASD.
    Here is the Cofemom link, just copy and past:):
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/76/forums/76/General_Discussion
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I sometimes work in the special Ed classes and I am getting my alternative certification in special ed when i graduate. Anyway, I think this would be a great question for your doctor. The school system should have programs and therapies for him as well. I know it would be good to put him on a routine at home. That helps most kids. They make refrigerator magnets that have routines for kids follow. For example, brush your teeth, feed the pets, etc. Or you can make your own. I know all the classes I've subbed in do this with the schedule which helps the kids A LOT. There is a diet for ADHD kids and it's my understanding that it's pretty strict. Like no sweets, no sugar drinks, no fast food, etc. Very tough for you and your child. I don't blame you for not wanting the meds though. It's hard.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Try eliminating anything artificial from his diet (colorings, flavorings, preservatives). He might further benefit greatly from a specialized diet (casein-free, gluten-free, soy-free, etc.) as well; depends on what may be impacting him from a cerebral allergy (delayed food hypersensitivities that manifest themselves as behavioral issues) standpoint. Rule out any undiagnosed medical issues (hypoglycemia, visual stressors, auditory problems - the list goes on and on) that may be impacting him as well. There are numerous other conditions that manifest themselves as ADHD behaviors. Supplementation is often very helpful; most people are deficient in vitamins and minerals (individuals today require much more than what the RDA guidelines suggest). Do join the ADHD and Biomed groups here on CafeMom (you can check out my homepage to see the ones I belong too); they are a valuable resource and offer wonderful support.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Me again ... how severe is the CP? Is he in therapy? My own daughter was diagnosed w/PVL (often, a precursor to CP; though it never fully manifested itself in her case). Physical therapy was key for her.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• no ideas,but here's a bump
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Try to find a natural remdies dr?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• cfgf diet look into

i took cows milk out of diet and speech improved and nose stops running
    also LAKE DYES out, she had huge improvements
    red 40 is very very bad

look on internet for red 40 - very scary stuff in american food..also yellow 5 and blue 1....any lake dye
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010