When there is someone else in your home can you...? adult content

Or are you comfortable enough to be intimate? My hubby is very touchy feely which I love...most of the time. We have a great sex life...most of the time! I have a problem when there is someone else in our home, even behind closed doors, I am uncomfortable getting busy if you know what I mean.

Now mil is here for an undetermined amount of time. She was not invited and did not ask if she could come. (very long story) Going on three months now and it is becoming more difficult for me to enjoy the pleasure of my husband!

I tell him when I decline that it will be better when we are alone and he tries to continue and I pull away. I am beginning to feel guilty more and more for my feelings.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 10:16 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd keep telling him it's bc of her so he'll encourage her to move out

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You should never feel guilty about being intimate with your husband in the privacy of your own bedroom regardless of who is in the house.  Use a little discretion but enjoy sex with your husband.

Besides, a good orgasm will put you in a better mood to deal your MIL;)

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Well, my MIL does the same kind of thing (comes uninvited and forgets to go home). Normally I have major issues with being intimate when we have other people here, but in a few cases (if the kids were not home) I have been known to be a little loud when she's been here way too long. It works! Last time she was gone the next day. I'm sure she tells hubby's family all kinds of stories, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having a great sex life with your own husband. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:34 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Maybe some really loud, passionate, love making will make her leave! LOL
    I do know what you mean, though. I dealt with this until I realized that having to be really quiet during sex was actually a turn on.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• yeah, our bedroom was right over the family room. any noise from that bed could be heard downstairs. We usually waited till everyone went to bed. If her room is right next to yours, change the rooms around. Other then that I can only understand how you feel.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Buy her ear plugs for christmas lol and enjoy your dh
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 10:37 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I would have some REALLY INSANELY LOUD sex several times a day till she leaves....even if you are pretending!! Bottom line - get her OUT!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I know what you mean. Hubby and I lived with the inlaws for a while, and for a long time, it was hard to be intimate. But, I soon got used to it, and it didn't bother me anymore. You should not feel guilty for your feelings! This is an issue that is bothering you, and needs to be addressed by you and your husband. not to mention, getting you MIL out of your house before she takes over... lol
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I agree that you should never feel guilty for being intimate with your husband in your own home, especially in the privacy of your own bedroom, regardless of who is staying with you. sex is a great relief of stress and anxiety. revive that sex life and enjoy sex with your husband again. :)
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 11:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Enjoy your husband. Don't let her sour your relationship with him. Make it fun by having to be quiet. Giggle and enjoy.
    Anonymous