Help! Breastfeeding making me lopsided!

I have been breastfeeding exclusively for about 7 months. I am toying with the idea of weaning my babygirl cos I just got a job. She won't drink expressed milk. Anyway, I was alarmed to notice that my left breast is bigger than the right. At first, I thought I was imagining things until I started stuffing the right side. Maybe I favored the left side more than the other. I never quite remembered which I used last though I tried. Please tell me there is a remedy other than surgery.

whiskey80

Asked by whiskey80 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They will even out. Just nurse on the bigger side.

If she won't drink expressed milk, she probably won't drink formula because milk is way tastier. Have you tried a cup? Some babies don't like bottles. My DD will only take a cup and DH has been cup feeding her since 4 months if I have to leave for a bit.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:18 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• You won't have to have surgery. Things will go back to normal. Don't worry! Check out this link for more information about lopsided breasts and how to correct the situation. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Wear a bracelet on your wrist and switch it to the side you need to start on with the next nursing, nursing evenly from both breasts can help you start to even out. This isn't permanent, your supply in one breast is just greater.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• My boobs were uneven before I started, it isn't a huge deal. But like the ladies said use a bracelet or safety pin to keep track. Also with the not eating expressed milk, will she eat formula. If so I would highly recommend expressing milk and using that to mix with the formula. And back to the lopsidedness, if you adjust the shoulder strap on the smaller side it will help to make it look even.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Don't count on what your breast will look like until you're done nursing for a few months.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2010