Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

ok can anyone tell me how to file as self-employed on my income taxes?i made around 1500 or so wrking partime babysitting.

ok well i worked aproximatley 7 months, 3 days a week this year.someone metioned about self employed ?i have 4 children of my own,so i was hoping to gt money back somehow,and also does my neighbor need to do anything for me to do this?

Answer Question

Asked by lonleymami at 10:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 3 (26 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Um....You need a...schedule C I think. That should be the form you need to claim self employment income. Actually, with it just being a babysitting gig you can probably use a EZ form.

    Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Your neighbor will need your SSN and should claim this money in the child care section. As a private babysitter, she will need your name and ssn to put on her tax for to claim the money paid to you. She will get credit for this money.

    Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Look at this link........,,id=115043,00.html

    I believe you have to file schedule C and SE.  Clicking on them in the link you will see exactly how you do it.  Search the  website to get more info about being self employed.  GL


    Answer by elizabr at 12:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Actually on the same page there is a related issues area and you can click on "self employed individual"

    Answer by elizabr at 12:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • There is a schedule you fill out for self employment. It will have all about it in the IRS instruction book or on their website.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

  •  Yeah, yeah vote me down.......Is the woman you sat for claiming on her taxes? If not, I wouldn't even bother. I never report what people pay me to watch their kids, nor do they. We give enough to the IRS.


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

  • No need to vote you down anonymous. You got the question wrong. She has no income now, and wants to file with income so she gets the EIC. You can use schedule C-EZ.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.