What diaper disposal system did you use for your baby?

For our first, we used a regular diaper pail (I forget the name). We chose it because you could use regular plastic bags and didn't have to buy extra bags. But it was a pain to open and I'd constantly be hurting myself in trying to do so. So...I'm trying to figure out what diaper disposal system to use this time around..Any ideas?

sunshinepraying

Asked by sunshinepraying at 10:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper system it really keeps the smell down and refill bags are cheap.Congrats on your pregnancy
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• All I have to say is...gross! Put the dirty diapers in a plastic grocery bag and put them outside! It's the only way to do it!!!!!!!!!!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• A "garbage disposal system"? What a scam. I used a regular garbage can. Wrapped up the diaper nice and tight and threw it away like any other trash in the house. Never had any odor or anything. Save your money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• At first we used the diaper genie but having to buy the refills all of the time got to be a pain so we just ended up using extra grocery bags that we had and putting them outside in the trash. Congrats on your new addition!
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Walmart bags. lol. Dirty diaper went in, spun the bag, wrapped the rest around it again, and in the trash it went. Those disposal systems are a waste of money.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Um...the trash can?
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I used the trusty outside trash can.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I used a Diaper Genie. It worked fine, was not gross and there was no smell because I did what a lot of people for some reason do not. I emptied it and changed the bags. I just cannot justify putting it in a plastic bag and putting it in the trash. That smells up the room because store plastic bags aren't made to contain dirty diaper smell. And we don't have an outside trash can but I wasn't interested in a smelly trash can in the yard.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• The trash can....
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I use the Diaper Champ. You use regular trash bags. It has a easy flip handle. It is cheap, around $20. My son is 8 months and I change the bag when it is full about once a week. It really keeps the stink in.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2010