Can healthy adults catch cold/flu germs...

...and not have any symptoms of their own but still spread those germs to toddlers?

can't be too careful with young ones!

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 10:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Health

• I'm not sure if that is something you can carry without symptoms. Now you can touch something that has germs on it and get the germs on your hands and spread it that way. But I don't think it's something that can be "carried." though I could be very wrong I'm not a DR
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No,those are contacted through mucus membranes. Sneezing,coughing by someone.
    I guess in theory if you had just been by someone who was sick and touched a kid before you washed your hands...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Well, actually yes. If you get a flu shot and your toddler didn't get one. You immunize the child first and then you get one for yourself.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:01 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Of course. You touch a grocery cart that has been sneezed on and then go home and touch your door and everything else. Symptoms sometimes take several days to develop and you might not even get more than a couple of cough or sneezes. Hand Sanitizer in your purse and Clorox Wipes (spray if you do it while they are sleeping) are your best friend during this time.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think anything is possible when it comes to germs.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• yes... you can pass lots of things to others, not just toddlers, without knowing it... that's why its important, even if you aren't sick or feeling any symptoms to be sure to keep a clean body, house, etc... washing hands, using tissues, etc...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2010