So very frustrated!! (vent)

My df and I have 3 children. He works out of state for a month or longer and I am a sahm. We have to move on Jan 1st and I found a place that is $650 a month that meets our needs. He usually gets about $1600 after taxes every other week and $280 every week for Pardeem, the company pays for hotel this is only for food etc.. We split his paycheck in half, but I'm responsible to pay for rent, cell phones, electric, propane, gas, internet, diapers, food, etc! and now with moving costs! He only got $1200 this week due to travel, so he's only sending me $600. I have to save for the new house, pay bills and get xmas presents with $600!! I even asked him to send me more and he told me no! I'm so sick of having to pinch pennies to get by while he is living large, when he took this job to support his family! I'm just so frustrated because now I have to skip xmas for my kids because getting a place is top priority! I'm just so frustrated and needed to vent, thanks for listening to me!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would do anything to not skip xmas how old are your kids? H&R block will borrow you money off ur income taxes if you qualify I'd do and trry anything..Sell stuff you don't use better yet sell some of his stuff since he won't send you anymore money
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• WOW !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Haven't you had money problems with him before?
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• First let me say, I wouldn't want my husband doing so much travel if that was all the take home pay he was getting. Not worth it, at least not for a man that has a family at home, IMO. I wouldn't split the check 50/50 either. He is having things paid for on the road while there are 4 of you at home. I understand him not sending his entire check home but 50/50? No. I agree with the poster that said for you to get a job and let him see what childcare costs. Not because I think you aren't already "stepping up" because I'm a SAHM too, I just think it may help open his eyes. If not you should get a job, keep it, and start making other plans for you and those kids. Good luck!
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry!!! I know this must be frustrating!! :o( Hang in there!! Things WILL get better :o)

~Alyssa
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes he is the dad to all of them and for me to put them in daycare would be double what I would get at a pt job, they are 2, 1, and 3 months
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Oh and we worked it out LOL he was confused by what I texted him and I was confused on what he was texting me! Problem solved!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Is he the father of the kids?? If not then why should he be supporting them?? If he is then he really should be stepping up. Sounds like it is time for you to step up and get a part time job. Tell him he needs to start contributing to child care....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:29 AM on Dec. 11, 2010