Would you find it weird if you met an engineer who knows a lot about painting and art history just for fun? What would you think of him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think he's a well-learned person.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Well, without knowing anything else, I would think he was a well rounded person. People have all sorts of interets that are different from their careers.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:47 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• To the OP, why would it be weird?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• I think we all have different and varied interests and it is not wierd. If an engineer was only interested in thinking about engineering,talking about engineering and never cared to learn about anything else , wouldn't you think THAT would be wierd? And kinda dumb?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• He's obviously a Renaissance man--or the reincarnation of Leonardo DaVinci who was also both an engineer and an artist.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• No, it wouldn't be weird. I've known several enigineers & they all had varied interests.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Engineer is a broad spectrum term... My father is a design engineer, my papa is a Train engineer. See what I mean?

How would that be in any way odd? I have specific knowledge about things which most wouldn't suspect, simply because I enjoy the topic. Ones career path speaks little about who they are as an individual.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• well from my experiences engineers are all a little odd :D (at least computer engineers haha)

but no, id find it refreshing that he was interested in more than just his career. maybe at one point in time he wanted to be an artist but changed his mind when he found engineering? i mean how many ppl do you know who arent interested in more than one thing?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• That would completely describe my oldest child. He loves art. He also loves the way things work. He will become some sort of engineer or architect. Or a perpetual student.

My SIL is an aerospace engineer, and talk about strange. And she's nothing compared to some of her coworkers.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• i wouldnt say that is weird i say that is cool that he likes that stuff
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2010